This site was created by McGearyCukor LLC (“McGeary Cukor”).
This entire site is copyright protected ©2014 by McGeary Cukor. All rights are reserved. In addition, certain parts of this site may also be protected by copyrights belonging to other parties.
McGeary Cukor provides access to this site subject to the following Terms, which may be updated by us from time to time without any notice to you. Any changes are effective upon posting. Your continued use after a change has been posted constitutes your acceptance of those changes. If you do not agree to these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the site.
- No Legal Advice:The materials on the McGeary Cukor Site are general in nature and are intended only as background materials for informational purposes. They do not constitute legal advice. They may not apply to your specific situation or may be incomplete. Although we may update certain information on the McGeary Cukor Site, some of the information may be outdated. You should not act or rely on any information on the McGeary Cukor Site. You are not authorized to treat the McGeary Cukor Site as a source of legal advice. Before acting or delaying action, you should first seek the advice of an attorney qualified in the applicable subject matter and jurisdiction.
- No Tax Advice (Required Tax Disclosure—Circular 230): Any tax information presented on the McGeary Cukor Site is not intended to constitute a complete analysis of all tax considerations. Internal Revenue Service regulations generally provide that, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal tax penalties, a taxpayer may rely only on formal written opinions meeting specific regulatory requirements. The information presented on the McGeary Cukor Site does not meet those requirements. Accordingly, such information is not intended or written to be used, and a taxpayer cannot use it, for the purpose of avoiding United States federal or other tax penalties or for the purpose of promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: Your access to or use of the McGeary Cukor Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and McGeary Cukor. If you are not a current client of McGeary Cukor and you communicate with us through the Site, we are under no obligation to keep confidential your communication nor will the communication invoke the attorney client privilege. Thus, unless you have a pre-existing, documented attorney-client relationship with a McGeary Cukor attorney, you should not communicate confidential information to McGeary Cukor.
- Sensitive Communications: Should you choose to contact McGeary Cukor electronically, you should be aware that information transmitted electronically cannot be guaranteed to be securely transmitted. McGeary Cukor assumes no responsibility for the loss of confidentiality for any information you transmit through the internet.
- Advertising Notice: McGeary Cukor does not seek to be retained by anyone who approaches McGeary Cukor as a result of the McGeary Cukor Site and who is from a state where the McGeary Cukor Site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state. Under the New York State Lawyer’s Code of Professional Responsibility, the content of the McGeary Cukor Site might contain advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each representation has unique facts and circumstances that may impact results.
- No Warranties. THE MCGEARY CUKOR SITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE MCGEARY CUKOR SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. MCGEARY CUKOR ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE. ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE MCGEARY CUKOR SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- Limitations of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MCGEARY CUKOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY OF ANY KIND OR UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold McGeary Cukor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
- Copyright Complaints. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) provides recourse to copyright owners who believe that their rights under the United States Copyright Act have been infringed by acts of third parties over the Internet. If you believe that any material uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted through the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such alleged infringement to: copyright@McGearyCukor.com
- SECURITY MEASURES. We use commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information under our control, including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. However, please be aware that, despite these efforts, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted or provided through the McGeary Cukor Site. Once we received your transmission, we use appropriate efforts to ensure its security on our systems, but we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
McGeary Cukor attempts to ensure the accuracy of the information as it is posted, but cannot guarantee that all of the information is accurate. If you communicate with us by e-mail and you are not a present client, your correspondence will not be considered privileged or confidential. If you communicate with us by e-mail in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, you should note that the security of internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages which are not encrypted you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the internet. If you have any questions or comments about the site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org