Ken has been a Patent Attorney and, before that, a Patent Agent for over 14 years. Ken prepares and prosecutes a wide variety of patent applications in the electrical, software, and mechanical arts. He is also experienced with various post-grant procedures (e.g.,reexamination practice, inter partes review) and the preparation of invalidity contentions. In counseling clients, Ken evaluates the patentability of inventions and collaborates with inventor clients in creating invention disclosures as needed. Ken has also developed an international practice over the years and works with many foreign associates in other countries.
Previously, Ken worked at Bell Labs for more than 15 years in research and development, in a wide range of roles including systems engineering and software/firmware development. While at Bell Labs, Ken designed underwater signal processing equipment for the Navy and also telecommunications equipment for wireless service providers. Ken also worked for a time in business management and holds an M.B.A. degree in Entrepreneurship, in addition to Law and advanced Engineering degrees.
- Rutgers University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, with highest honors
- Cornell University, M.Eng., Electrical Engineering
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship
- Northwestern California University School of Law, J.D.
Honor Societies: Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, Beta Gamma Sigma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Reg. No. 54,353
(not admitted in New Jersey)
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Travel, Photography, Skiing, Motorcycle Riding, Amateur Radio